When it comes to finding the right job, we all know the company has the last say in regards to deciding whether to hire you or not, and their thoughts are always a taboo of some sort, their likes and preferences. We are talking about the Hiring Managers, or basically, the representation of the company in the whole recruiting and selection process.
Mentioning hiring managers implies talking about very diverse people; they come from different careers and backgrounds, but they all have one thing in common: they are looking for the best candidate to fill their vacancies.
In order to understand them, we first need to know what they actually do during the recruitment/selection process. First, if you are interested in a job with a big company, then you know this hiring manager has definitely seen many resumes, both good and bad –- even catastrophic ones, and he or she probably has a group of people helping them throughout the process. Whenever they open a new vacancy, dozens of recruiters start working towards finding the right fit for the company, and it usually takes only minutes to find the right match.
Picture this: in average, every recruiter needs to send at least three qualified candidates for one vacancy; if there are 30 recruiters working on the same request at the same time, by the end of the day, there will be at least 90 suitable candidates for the same vacancy. That is definitely too many people. You may ask yourself then, how will I get a chance among all of these people? The answer is easy -- right timing.
The recruitment process is a matter of time, the fastest, the keeper. Since hiring managers receive many resumes in very little time, the one who comes first will probably have the best chances of actually getting an interview and, as a result, getting the job!
“So how can I be faster than anyone else?” Here are a few tips to take into consideration:
- Be prepared: keep your phone on at all times and activate push notifications for your emails; your shot might come at any minute.
- Keep your resume updated and ready to go: the better it is, the faster it will get into the HM’s hands. Remember: recruiters format your resume to make it look perfect; if it is already perfect, then it will get to the company right away. If you need help perfecting your resume, try hiring a graphic designer and look up some examples online.
- If there is any paperwork/exam/agreement necessary, please complete it as quickly as you can. This could save you a lot of time.
- Check your job alerts every day. There are always new jobs posted and you could be the first one to know.
Neuvoo posts thousands of new jobs every day; one of those could be your dream job. Land it today!
Vanessa Romero / NEUVOO
Country Manager US/CA
Begin your job search here: Neuvoo USA
Argentina | Australia | Austria | Bahrain | Belgium | Brazil | Canada | Chile | Colombia | Costa Rica | Czech Republic | Ecuador | Egypt | France | Germany | Greece | South Korea | Hungary | India | Indian Ocean (British) | Indonesia | Ireland | Italy | Japan | Kazakhstan | Kuwait | Luxembourg | Malaysia | Mexico | Morocco | Netherlands | New Zealand | Nigeria | Norway | Oman | Panama | Peru | Poland | Portugal | Puerto Rico | Qatar | Romania | Russia | Saudi Arabia | Singapore | South Africa | South Korea | Spain | Sweden | Switzerland | Taiwan | Turkey | UK | Ukraine | United Arab Emirates | Uruguay | USA | Venezuela | Vietnam
A sous chef job is the aspiration of most junior chefs. Since this job can be quite lucrative, it is crucial to understand the expectations of the sous chef position. A sous chef is second in the chain of command after the head chef.
The sous chef is an expert chef who is the deputy of the head chef with the mandate of taking the responsibility of directing food in the kitchen if the head chef is not available to perform this task. This article discusses sous chef job description below.
- He/she is answerable to the executive head chef. This means that he/she executes tasks based on instructions from the head chef.
- The sous chef is supposed to take maximum control of the kitchen staff by harmonizing their activities to ascertain they are in line with the stipulated objectives in the event that the head chef is not present.
- To co-ordinate activities of various kitchen staff to ensure food production and presentation adheres to high quality standards.
- To ensure high quality food is produced through directing food preparation by kitchen staff.
- He/she should be well equipped with loads of experience in the kitchen thus facilitating effective food preparation
- Have the ability to utilize time in a conscious manner. The sous chef should be in a position to ensure planning food preparation is done efficiently within the agreed upon timelines.
- Demonstrate strong leadership traits such as the ability to motivate all members of the kitchen staff to carry out their designated duties, delegate duties accordingly and get the job done right by the right people.
- Brainstorm food ideas with the executive head chef as well as the kitchen staff so as to devise creative ways of using food ingredients.
A sous chef's earnings significantly differ depending on their geographical location. There are notable disparities in the salary of sous chefs located in a given state but in different towns or cities. For instance, a sous chef working in Binghamton, New York, gets about $34490-$53005. This salary is computed in terms of median annual and it does not include other benefits and allowances likely to be offered. Majority of restaurant and cities base the salary on the experience the sous chef has, level of education attained. If the restaurant is big and profitable the salary can exceed the average amount. For instance in UK, Central London is considered to be the city that pays sous chefs well with an average amount of £32500.
What is an Advanced Practice Nurse?
An advanced practice nurse (APN) is a nurse with a masters, post masters or a doctoral degree in nursing specialty. They help to meet the demand of specialty healthcare practitioners in areas under-served by physicians especially in the rural areas as they can practice medicine without being supervised by a physician.
There are four types of advanced practice that represent the highest level of specialization in a nursing career, namely: nurse practitioners, nurse mid wives, clinical nurse specialists and nurse anesthetists.
- Nurse Practitioners
This is the most common type of advanced practice nurse, they represent over half of APN. They are qualified to provide a wide range of acute and primary health care services and can diagnose as well as treat medical conditions similar to those performed by a physician including writing prescription.
To become a nurse practitioner, students need a Masters of Science in Nursing (MSN), Doctorate in Nursing Practice (DNP) or a post masters in any of the following specialties:
- Women's health
- Mental or psychiatric health
- Neonatal Care
- Acute Care
- Family Practice
- Adult Practice
Licensing in each state varies and includes different titles such as Advanced Practice Registered Nurse (APRN), Advanced Practice Nurse (APN), Licensed Nurse Practitioner (LNP) and Certified Nurse Practitioner (CNP). All states apart from Indiana, Kansas and California from 2012 require nurse practitioners to be certified by a national certifying organization of nurses.
Clinical Nurse Specialist
While a nurse practitioner provides primary health care to patients, a clinical nurse specialist works in a more specialized area of nursing practice. A CNS is responsible for diagnosis and treatment of health or illness states, health promotion, disease management and prevention of illnesses among communities, groups, families and individuals.
Each state has its own requirements when it comes to licensing of clinical Nurse Specialist that often involves a master's degree and certification as a clinical nurse specialist.
Nurse midwives are responsible for providing health care to women above adolescent. In addition to this, they provide family planning and gynecological services including postpartum care, childbirth, pregnancy and family planning services. They can also treat men for sexually transmitted diseases.
To become a nurse mid wife requires students should complete a graduate program which involves taking an examination offered by AMCB (American Midwifery Certification Board).
These are advanced practice nurses qualified to administer anesthesia for surgery or any other procedure as well as provide pre and post surgery care.
To become a nurse anesthetist, students should complete a graduate program that prepares them to become a (CRNA) Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist through the NBCRNA (National Board of Certification and Recertification for Nurse Anesthetists).
What is the Need for Advanced Practice Nursing?
Picture this: You wake up one morning with terrible flu symptoms and call your doctor. Unfortunately, s/he is Read More...